ADT Installation FAQs
Once you have purchased ADT monitored security, a trained professional will install your new security system in your home. Unlike self-installation or DIY security solutions, professional installation is a quick and hassle-free process. Professional installation also provides you with the opportunity to ask questions about your new monitored security system, ensuring that you know how to operate the components and use the features correctly.
If you have never purchased an ADT monitored security system before, you may have questions about the professional installation process.
The following list includes some of the most frequently asked questions about ADT monitored security’s professional installation process. If you still have questions about professional installation, call a security representative. The representative will be able to answer all of your questions and provide you with the information you need to make an informed decision.
Installation process FAQs
- Q: How do I schedule my installation appointment? When you purchase a new ADT monitored security system for your home, you can immediately schedule your professional installation. Simply select a time that works best for your schedule.
- Q: How soon can I have my ADT monitored security system installed? Installation technicians will work with you to install your new system at your earliest convenience. In some instances, you may even be able to schedule same-day installation so that you can immediately feel safer with your new ADT monitored home security system.
- Q: Who will install my ADT monitored security system? Your ADT monitored security system will be installed by an experienced technician with specialized electronics training.
- Q: What equipment will be installed during my professional installation? The technician will install components including a digital keypad, entryway detectors and motion detector.
Installation cost FAQs
- Q: What is the cost for ADT monitored security professional installation? The standard Customer Installation Charge for an ADT monitored security system is a one-time expense. The Customer Installation Charge may vary depending on the monitoring package you choose. (See important terms and conditions below.)
- Q: Does ADT monitored security offer free installation? No. However, you may be able to take advantage of installation specials offered by ADT monitoring from time to time. When you call a security representative, be sure to ask about installation specials and other offers.
- Q: What is the average cost for professional installation? The cost for professional installation varies depending on the security provider and the monitoring package, equipment and features you choose.
- Q: Where can I get free installation? Free installation is usually associated with DIY security systems or security systems that require self-installation. Although these security systems cost less money to install, they also require homeowners to spend much more time and effort during the installation process. Furthermore, DIY or self-installed security systems will not afford you the opportunity to ask a qualified technician any questions you may have about your new home security system.
- Q. How much will my ADT monitored home security equipment cost? When you purchase an ADT monitored home security system, you will receive the equipment for free. The equipment in an ADT monitored security system is valued at $850. The only upfront cost you will have to pay is the Customer Installation Charge.